Thursday, April 9, 2009

On the trail again . . .

Something has to be written here. There's only one lonely post so far. I've been running since my last post, despite some more knee problems (culprit - the common runner's knee), and two weeks of inactivity, I just haven't been blogging about it. Well, the time has come. Here's a post about one of my training runs.

I hit the trails again after a two week hiatus. I've grown accustomed to running with Chaz when I'm by myself and honestly, can't imagine running on the trails alone unless he is with me. So, when two weeks ago, Chaz started limping because of some bad tears in his back paws, I took a week hiatus from the trails and spent most of my training time hitting the gym.

Then, week two of my hiatus was due to my hectic schedule of teaching, activities for the final week of City Commission campaign, and writing a paper/traveling to present at a conference. And then there was crewing for Mircea at Rockin K' (he finished his first marathon!! And what a marathon it was - 45 - 50 mph winds!! I'm so proud of him!)

Wednesday was my first chance to hit up the trails at Clinton. Yes, Wednesday night runs have resumed. I did about 7 miles. Man, what a 7 miles! The first run after a two week or longer break is always hard. I was breathing heavy, tired quickly, and felt wiped afterwards. If past experiences tell me anything though, the next runs shouldn't be nearly as hard. Hope not, since there is the Free State marathon coming up soon here!! :-)

Okay, back to writing I'm actually *suppose* to be doing - my area exam.

Next trail run scheduled for Saturday morning. I'm planning on a long one - 15 or 18 miles. Last long run before I start tapering for the marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm such a dork. I guess I never looked at your profile. I had no idea you had a blog, let alone 4!! I am now following them all! So anything you have to say, I'll see it!

    I would love to try trail running sometime. Do you run with a group? I think it's awesome that you did the trail marathon. I'm amazed that people can run that far on flat earth, not to mention on a trail! It looks like you are in much better shape than me though! Good for you girlie!

    I love your little running log at the bottom. Maybe if I put mine on my blog it would hold me more accountable!

    We definitely need to get together soon...running or not! We'll probably entertain alot more now that we're in our new house. Next time I'll definitely send you and invite! We'd love to see you!

    Hope you're having a great summer!
    much love,
    jen

    ReplyDelete